Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's my teaser for today:

There is an unwritten rule of writing that the number of trips to the refrigerator a writer makes is in inverse proportion to how well a manuscript is going. When the fingers are flying over the keyboard and the brain is fuly immersed in the scene being created, food is completely unimportant.



(Pg 70, The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax)

13 Responses
  1. That is so true! Even when it's only a review the person is trying to write. LOL


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Nice! I see this book is on its rounds, I'll look forward to hearing about it! Wendy I feel the same way! Sometimes it just flows, and sometimes everything that comes out is crap. Sometimes you just have to step away and have a sandwich!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    haha...that was a wonderul teaser. I hope you are enjoying this book Melody.




  4. Beth F Says:

    Well it's very true for editing, so I suspect it's true for writing.


  5. Ana S. Says:

    lol! That definitely goes for essay writing too :P


  6. Darlene Says:

    lol-I like that one and how true it is. My teaser is here



  7. Iliana Says:

    Ha,ha.. that's good. I haven't seen this book but I'm a bit intrigued now :)


  8. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I feel the same way, haha.

    Sandy - Yep, writing reviews can be tough sometimes, especially when it coems to books we don't have a connection to. ;)

    Violet - I'm enjoying reading this book so far. I can't wait to read the rest of it! :)

    Gautami - Glad you like it!

    Alice - I've to say this author has a way with words. :)

    Beth - Indeed!

    Nymeth - I think it applies to all forms of writing, LOL.

    Dar - That's so true, isn't it? ;)

    Naida - Thanks!

    Iliana - I was hooked by the title initially, so when I was approached to do a review for this, I'd to grab the chance! ;)


  9. JessicaLeigh Says:

    This is a great teaser! It's such a true statement for any kind of writing! Looks like it must be a great book. Looking forward to reading your thoughts!


  10. Melody Says:

    Jessica - It is, isn't it? LOL. I'm enjoying it so far, and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you all. ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.