Melody

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page.

I have only received one book last week:

- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer (review copy)

Sophy sets everything right for her desperate family in one of Georgette Heyer's most popular Regency romances.

When Lady Ombersley agrees to take in her young niece, no one expects Sophy, who sweeps in and immediately takes the ton by storm. Sophy discovers that her aunt's family is in desperate need of her talent for setting everything right: Ceclia is in love with a poet, Charles has tyrannical tendencies that are being aggravated by his grim fiancee, her uncle is of no use at all, and the younger children are in desperate need of some fun and freedom. By the time she's done, Sophy has commandeered Charles's horses, his household, and finally, his heart.

What books came into your house last week?
9 Responses
  1. Katrina Says:

    That book sounds intriguing. Happy Reading! My Monday Mailbox is posted as well.


  2. Sounds like a good book, I want to read a book by Georgette Heyer one day(I have my eye on Frederica).

    Here is my mailbox.



  3. This sounds like a very entertaining book - it's going on my TBR list!


  4. bermudaonion Says:

    I hope you enjoy it!


  5. Kristen Says:

    I love that they are re-releasing all of these. I spent many hours looking for a copy of this for an ex-pat friend who remembered it fondly. Now that they are so easily available, I'm collecting some for myself and this one sounds "grand."

    My mailbox is here: http://booknaround.blogspot.com/2009/06/monday-mailbox_22.html


  6. Serena Says:

    I've heard great things about georgette heyer's books. Happy reading.


  7. Julie J. Says:

    Sounds interesting!

    My mailbox is here: http://molcotw.blogspot.com/2009/06/mailbox-monday_22.html


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thank you for your comments! I look forward to reading this book soon! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.