Melody

You should have seen this one coming … Who is your favorite Male lead character? And why?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

(And apologies for this going up late . . . my post-dated post didn’t publish when it was supposed to this morning! It’s just a few hours late, but still–sorry about that! )

Like last week's question, this sure isn't easy as I have several favourite male lead characters in mind, but the following is one of the few that will easily fill up the list (please note they are not in any particular order):
  • Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield in Matthew Reilly's novels - Ice Station, Area 7 and Scarecrow. He is your typical alpha male military hero who races against time to fight off the evil guys in various dangerous situations. (And not to mention Matthew Reilly always write great action-packed stories that pump up your adrenaline)
  • Harry Potter (Enough said).
  • Edward Cullen in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. He is one extraordinary sexy vampire who falls in love with a human girl.
  • Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. He piqued my interest the moment I picked up the book, and of course I always find it entertaining about his acquaintance with Elizabeth Bennet.
  • Sebastian Toussaint in Anne Stuart's Black Ice. A tortured dark hero and an assassin. Despite his ruthlessness he saves the heroine and ends up falling in love with her.

I know I have a few more but at the moment this is all I could think of; and with a TBR pile waiting to be read I am sure I will find new favourite male lead characters amongst them. I can't wait.

11 Responses
  1. John Mutford Says:

    So many people picked Hermione last week that I'm surprised yours in the first one I've come across today to list Harry.


  2. Kim L Says:

    Excellent choices. Mr. Darcy is so fabulous! Inside his frosty exterior, he's just helplessly in love.

    And Harry is just great.


  3. Melody Says:

    John - Thanks for visiting! I didn't notice about that, but I'm surely glad to be the first to list Harry, hehe... ;P

    Kim - Indeed he is! Actually I find him really charming, despite his frosty exterior. :D And Harry makes a fantastic hero, don't you think?


  4. BooksPlease Says:

    Mr Darcy and Elizabeth together make such an attractive couple. Apart from Harry Potter I don't know the other heroes. Sebastian Toussaint sounds interesting - an assassin with a heart.


  5. Julia Says:

    You already know that I would agree with Bastien from Anne Stuart's Black Ice book. He great characters! Harry and Mr. Darcy is great choice :)

    Have a good weekend ahead!
    Julia-Yen


  6. Melody Says:

    Booksplease - That's one reason why I'm attracted to Sebastian Toussaint. ;)

    Julia - Oh, I'm sure you agree about Sebastian, hehe...

    Hope everyone has a great weekend!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Mr Darcy is very sexy, I love the TV version that had Colin Firth playing him. I am also a fan of Edward Cullen, but I am not sure he quite makes my list.


  8. Melody Says:

    Rhinoa, I wish I'm able to watch the TV version with Colin Firth playing as Mr. Darcy, but I don't think I'm able to find any here! *sigh*


  9. Apart from Darcy, I do not know any other. Ignorant??

    :D

    BTW, I will let you know when I do your meme!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Mr. Darcy and Edward Cullen... YUMMY!


  11. Melody Says:

    Gautami, that's not ignorant. Just that each reader has his/her reading preferences. ;) And thanks in advance for playing the meme!

    Stephanie, you said it!!! ;P


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.