Melody
Kim from Bold.Blue.Adventure tagged me for this meme, which is to sum up your life in 6 words. I could think of nothing but an unfortunate incident that had happened in my life in the past few years that has changed my thoughts and attitude towards life. You see, I had lost my mom to cancer and stroke, which everyone in the family had least expected it because she looked so healthy. This incident has taught me a lesson that life is so fragile and we should treasure it every moment we have with our loved ones. Thus, my reply to this meme is:

Live Life, Enjoy Life, Treasure Life
(Because that's how I always feel)

Here's the rules:
  1. Write your own six word memoir
  2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
  3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
  4. Tag five more blogs with links
  5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

I tag the following friends:

Jaimie from Bell Literary Reflections
Iliana from Bookgirl's Nightstand
Gautami from My Own Little Reading Room
Jeane from Dog Ear Diary
Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?

... and anyone who's keen to play this. :-)

Labels: , edit post
9 Responses
  1. Kim L Says:

    What a beautiful and profound memoir. Isn't it sad that it takes a tragedy for us to learn those lessons? I am sorry to hear of your loss.

    I lost a dear friend about a year and a half ago, and the process of grief has shaped who I am-it seems morbid, but I realize now that my life could change so quickly. I have to do my best to enjoy my life now and love the people around me as best as I can.


  2. Melody Says:

    Kim, those are exactly my thoughts. Life is so unpredictable, huh?!


  3. Debi Says:

    What a beautiful memoir, Melody! I'm so very sorry that it was a lesson learned in such a tragic, heart-breaking way. (((Hugs)))


  4. Melody Says:

    Debi, thanks for the hugs! :)


  5. Ana S. Says:

    I'm very sorry for your loss, Melody :(

    That is a precious lesson, though, and it's something I try to always keep in mind.


  6. Jane Says:

    I'm so sorry that your mother passed away so tragically, Melody. That would indeed make me treasure life because we have no idea how much time we have left. Thanks for tagging me and I will have to think about a good answer. It will not be as meaningful as yours, I am sure.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Prayers for both you and your mom. Lovely memoir, so glad you played:)


  8. Iliana Says:

    Ah Melody I am sending you some cyber-hugs. When I lost my dad to cancer, my whole view of life changed too. What I strive for every day is to not let little things get to me and try to make every day count. Sounds like we are on the same wavelength :)
    Oh and thank you for the tag.


  9. Melody Says:

    Thanks everyone, for your kind comments and cyber hugs!!! I really appreciate it. :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.