Melody
I am still feeling a little bad for not completing some of the reading challenges last year, therefore I am skeptical about joining more this year. But then, I keep seeing all these new exciting challenges popping all over the blogosphere (and not to mention they have beautiful buttons) and so, I finally gave in to this since there is an option that I can choose one book to read! Hosted by Esther, Another Bloomin' Challenge will run from March 20 - June 20; the purpose is to encourage readers to get into the feeling of spring and are required to pick flowery titles for this challenge. (Please click the above link for more details.)


Some options to choose from:

BUD-VASE: Just as a bud vase highlights the beauty of a single bloom, this challenge level asks you to read a single book with a flower in the title.
NOSEGAY: Like a small bunch of flowers gathered together, this challenge level asks you to read two or more books with the same flower in the title.
BOUQUET: Fill a vase with the bounty of the season. For this challenge level read four or more books each with a different flower in the title.
GARDEN: When you just can't get enough, this challenge level requires you to read six or more books with flowers or flowery words (bloom, blossom, petal, etc.) in the title.

I will go with The Ghost Orchid by Carol Goodman, since I don't have too many books with flowery titles in my pile. Incidentally, I have also chosen this book for What's In A Name? Challenge hosted by Annie, so to me this is like killing two birds with one stone. ;-) (Note: Overlapping of books are allowed in these two challenges.)

Happy reading everyone!

9 Responses
  1. Another challenge! I think you're wise to read a crossover book from another challenge. It makes things easier in the end. :-)


  2. Melody Says:

    I feel like I'm cheating, Wendy. LOL. But honestly, I couldn't find any book with a flowery title in my pile besides that book. And yeah, it definitely makes things easier for me in the end, hehe.


  3. Julia Says:

    More likely, if you chosen Nora Robets then it might be perfect challenge. Since Nora have some flowers on her covers. But than your covers might different from US cover :)

    Good luck with your challenge :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Julia, I've several books with flowers on the covers but unfortunately this doesn't meet the requirement of the challenge as it has to be a title instead of images, otherwise I'd have more choices to choose from. ;)


  5. Debi Says:

    I almost signed up for this one, too, but restrained myself. Now you've got me all tempted again ;) I'm already reading Dandelion Wine for another challenge, after all...


  6. Melody Says:

    Debi, go join this challenge! You can add Dandelion Wine to the list since overlapping is allowed, you know... ;)


  7. Alice Says:

    Melody Melody... this sounds like a lovely challenge. I'd love to join but this year am barred from all challenges. I am struggling with my study materials as is. LOL. Happy reading!


  8. Melody Says:

    No worries, Alice. The year will bypass quickly so hopefully you'll join us again next year! :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Welcome to the challenge! Don't feel bad about overlapping...I overlap EVERYTHING! Ghost Orchid was one of my picks too, I'm interested to see what you think of it.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.