Melody






ISBN: 1845060245
Little Tiger Press (2004)
32pp
Ages: 3-7



I know I rarely write any review on children's book, but I just couldn't pass this up after reading Just For You!

Written by Christine Leeson and illustrated by Andy Ellis, Just For You! is a heartwarming story about Tilly Mouse and her siblings who go out the way of getting a birthday present for their mother because they had ruined the present.

Not to disappoint their mother, they decided to find something before she wakes up from bed. However, each time they find something suitable for their mother, someone will come along and claim they need it more...

Being considerate and compassionate, Tilly Mouse and her siblings give in to them and go on to continue with their search. They couldn't find anything until Tilly stumbles on a piece of paper, but it is too plain of a present but she has a better plan. With a little help from the friends whom they have met earlier, they began to work on a perfect present just for their mother...

Frankly speaking, I was touched by the story and I think this is good inspiration to the young children as this will teach them to be kind and to give and share. The illustration is great and attractive too, and I find myself drawn to it despite I am an adult. I highly recommend this book and can't wait to share it with my young daughter.
12 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Oooooo Melody... I love the three mice on the cover! They reminded me of the chipmunks... LOL. Sounds like a great story. BTW, I love reading children's book...


  2. Jeane Says:

    Looks really cute. I should check out this one for my toddler, I think she would like the story.


  3. Melody Says:

    Alice - I love the mice too! They're so adorable, aren't they? :)

    Jeane - My daughter loves it! She keeps on asking us to read the story to her, so I'm sure your daughter will love it too. ;)


  4. Jane Says:

    How cute is that! I love children's books and feel they have a definite place in literature. Thank you for sharing this delightful book and your review Melody!


  5. Debi Says:

    Oh, I hope our library has this one! It sounds absolutely precious!


  6. Ana S. Says:

    That has to be the most adorable cover ever! Are the illustrations inside similar? If so, I want this book for the art alone! But the story also sounds very sweet :)


  7. Melody Says:

    Jaimie - I absolutely agree they have a definite place in literature. And I always feel it's a good start to get the children to read so they will continue this good reading habits when they grow up. :)

    Debi - I'm keeping fingers crossed for you that your library will have it!! ;)

    Nymeth - I've to admit the cover is the first thing that attracts my attention. And it's a bonus that the story is so sweet too! Yes, the illustrations are all the same. :D


  8. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Have you heard of Lookybook? It's a site where you can read and see the pictures of children's books.
    http://www.lookybook.com/index.php


  9. Kathy Says:

    Hooray! Hooray! You did a review on a children's book!! I love children's books, and love reading them even more (as long as I have a captive audience!!). This book sounds really cute, with a good lesson for kids. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the bookstore!
    Do you have a lot of children's books to read to your daughter? You'll have to tell me your/her favorite!


  10. Melody Says:

    Jen - No, I haven't heard of Lookybook, but thanks for telling me! :) I'll have to check out the link.

    Kathy - I had a fun time doing it! And yes, I absolutely enjoy reading children's books. They can be so refreshing and some of them has brought me fond childhood memories... Oh yes, I've several children's books at home and have to read them out to my daughter. She loves us telling stories to her... As for favourites, we've too many to list, hehe. ;)


  11. Sounds like a delightful little book, Melody! Thanks for the review.


  12. Melody Says:

    It is, Wendy! I'm glad to pick this up, and I'll definitely look out for more children's books as from now, hehe...


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.