Melody
Well, I have nothing much to post today, but I thought I will share with everyone the books I bought over the weekend. Initially I did not have the intention of buying any books, and since last Friday was a public holiday (Good Friday) and it also happens to be my daughter's birthday so we brought her out for a simple celebration (Although we had also celebrated her birthday with her classmates at the childcare centre the previous day). We had Japanese Ramen noodles and treated her an ice cream cup, and thereafter we walked and shopped around the malls and of course there will be a bookstore tucked around at one corner of a mall so naturally I had to go in and take a look. And it would be a real disappointment if I came out empty-handed, anyway I found what I want and have them added to my TBR pile.

Edited to Add (1.54 PM):

  • Chosen by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night Series #3)
    (I received this book just a moment ago! Yay!)

Has anyone read anything by C.S. Friedman? I have never read anything by this author but I am so intrigued after reading the blurb of Feast of Souls so I have to have it.

I am currently reading Blind Submission by Debra Ginsberg and though I'm only in Chapter Two (didn't read much over the weekend), I already like what I'm reading and can't wait to read the rest of the story. I am sure all booklovers will enjoy reading this book because it has a little suspense in it and what's more, readers will also get to learn a little about the publishing industry and last but not least, it is a book about books! I couldn't have asked for more. Let's hope I can find more time in reading this book so I can get to the review soon!

Labels: , edit post
14 Responses
  1. Sounds like a wonderful day, Melody! Happy belated birthday to your daughter. :-)

    I keep eying Belladonna, but have yet to pick it up. It sure does look good. And Jim Butcher! You can't go wrong with his books.

    I'm afraid I'm not familiar with C.S. Friedman. I hope you enjoy it and will be curious to know what you think. Perhaps it belongs on my wish list . . .


  2. Julia Says:

    Tell your daughter that the lady who sent her a Disney plates for Christmas wanted to wish her a Happy Belated birthday! hehehe Sound like she had a wonderful time, with ice-cream and party with her classmate :)

    And it look like you brought home some great books! Did you know that "The Mercenary" is supposely be the first book to the on going series? But I also know your habit of reading series books out of order *grin*....that okay, some people does it too. You're not alone :)


  3. Eva Says:

    Yay for book shopping! I'm a spring birthday, and Easter's been on my birthday twice.


  4. Melody Says:

    Wendy - Thank you! :) We had a wonderful day, but I'm sure my daughter enjoyed the most! And I hope you'll pick up Belladonna soon! ;)

    Julia - On behalf of my daughter, I thank you for the birthday wishes! BTW, she loves the plates you sent, especially the one which has the princesses printed onto it. ;P No, I didn't know that The Mercenary is part of a series but thanks for telling me. :)

    Eva - Isn't it nice to have your birthday falls on the same day as the Easter holiday? :)


  5. Julia Says:

    *chuckle* I thought your daughter favorite is the tigger? Glad she loves the princesses plate. I think every little girls should have a princess plate :)


  6. Melody Says:

    Well, no, hehe. And I think you're right that every little girl should have her princess plate. ;)


  7. Anonymous Says:

    That is a cool list of books. I am really looking forward to starting The Dresden Files books this year. I watched the dvd of the show and got hooked so I know I will love the novels that started it.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I read Blind Submission a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it (you can see my review here if you'd like: http://thewrittenword.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/blind-submission/#comments). Glad to hear you like it so far too!


  9. Kim L Says:

    You've got a nice list of books to add to your collection :-) Hope you enjoy your reading!!!


  10. Melody Says:

    Rhinoa - I haven't even started the first book of the Dresden Files series yet! I'm so behind, I need to catch up with them soon! Well, I haven't seen this show around and wonder if they even have it here! I'll have to check...

    Stephanie - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the book! I can't wait to finish it. I'll check out your review in a moment, thanks! :)

    Kim - Thanks. I'm very satisfied with my recent book buying, but then I've to worry about where to put them as my bookshelves are full! LOL.


  11. Iliana Says:

    Happy Belated Birthday to your little one! And, book buying is a good way of celebrating :)
    I really want to read more of the Dresden files books as well. I've only read the first book and thought it was fun. Blind Submission sounds like a good read too so looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on it!


  12. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Thank you. :) Book buying is definitely a good way of celebrating (not to mention a joy and it's also a stress reliever to me too, haha!). I'm reading half of Blind Submission and I really love it! I think I might give a high rating for this one. ;)


  13. Alice Says:

    Happy belated birthday to your daughter, Melody!

    Great titles you bought. Blind Submission sounds like a good book. I like the cover... Can't wait to hear your review!

    In-between studies and being glued to my seats, I bought some books online (a few times) and seriously, that no book buying policy is not working out too well for me. I'm just too resourceful in finding alternative ways. Hahahaha...


  14. Melody Says:

    Alice, thank you for the birthday wishes! :)

    I have just finished reading Blind Submission, so the review will be coming up later.

    You know, I don't think this 'no book buying policy' will work for us booklovers because...old habits die hard, hehe.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.