Melody
I have been adding books to my pile since the past few weeks... and I am quite satisfied with the purchases because some of them are on my wishlist for some time, while some of them I bought due to recommendations from fellow bookbloggers. ;-) Here's a list of what I bought recently:
  • Blind Submission by Debra Ginsberg
  • Sleep, Pale Sister by Joanne Harris
  • Bodily Harm by Margaret Atwood
  • Decorated to Death by Peg Marberg
  • Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
  • Killing Fear by Allison Brennan
  • Death's Door by Quintin Jardine
  • Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke
  • A Breath of Fresh Air by Amulya Malladi
  • The Sound of Language by Amulya Malladi
  • Storm Front by Jim Butcher
Perhaps I was excited about getting these books that I didn't even notice I had bought a duplicate of Storm Front from my earlier visit. Now I did mention that I have a short memory, didn't I? Well maybe this is good evidence that I am not exaggerating after all, haha.

Anyway, I am not going to ignore the duplicate copy so I am giving it away to one lucky reader who is interested in reading this first book of the Dresden Files series but on one condition - Just give me the name of the protagonist of this series and I will add your name to the draw (Please email me your answer to melreadingcorner(AT)gmail(DOT)com). Closing date is 20 March (Thursday) at 11.59 PM (GMT +8:00). I will then randomly draw a lucky winner and post the result asap whenever I have the chance to get online (since the following day is a public holiday and that means family day to me). Good luck to all! :-)
Labels: , edit post
11 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Ohhh a contest! Okay I'm in! Good luck to everyone who enter the contest! :)

    By the way I think that Allison Brennan's book "Killing Fear" is part of a trilogy. I have her other trilogy books instead :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks for participating, Julia! Will add your name to the draw. :)

    Oh, I didn't know that Killing Fear is part of a trilogy, I need to check that out. Thanks for telling me. :)

    Good luck!


  3. Julia Says:

    Melody - I could be wrong thought about it being part of trilogy, but someone can comments and correct me if am wrong :)


  4. Melody Says:

    No prob. Thanks again! :)


  5. Debi Says:

    No need to enter me for the drawing, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone...I've bought two copies of the same book (not on purpose!) more than once in my life. I'm glad I'm not the only one!


  6. Alice Says:

    Hello Melody! Reading the titles you bought makes me soooo excited. LOL. Great stuff you have there.

    BTW, I played and I hope to win. Haha!


  7. Ana S. Says:

    I have just e-mailed you my entry :)

    I have not yet bought a book that I already have, but I have reached the stage when I see something at a bookshop that interests me and wonder if I have it or not. So sooner or later, it will happen :P


  8. Iliana Says:

    I have bought duplicate copies before usually though because it was a book sale. You can't think at a book sale. You just gotta scoop whatever you can get your hands on :)
    Storm Front is a great book. Totally not my "type" but I thought it was a lot of fun. and, I loved Sleep, Pale Sister. You got some good ones!


  9. Melody Says:

    Debi - I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who did that. LOL.

    Alice - Visiting to bookstores always gets me excited, hehe. Thanks for playing! :)

    Nymeth - Thanks! I'm like that when I visit bookstores. I'll hold onto the book and wonder if I have bought it earlier... especially books which have been released for some time.

    Iliana - I absolutely agree with you about being unable to think properly while at the booksales! LOL. And that's the scariest part...because we don't care how much we'll spend until later, haha.


  10. Jane Says:

    Hi Melody! I just e-mailed you because I am entering your contest. It looks like a fun book! I hope you enjoy Sleep,Pale Sister. You have a great new stash of books there!


  11. Melody Says:

    Jaimie, I got your answer! Thanks for participating. :D

    I'm looking forward to reading Sleep, Pale Sister soon after reading your great review.

    Good luck to all!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.