Melody
I can't believe that the Unread Authors Challenge is coming to an end. Below is a list that I had chosen to read:

Alternates:

  • The Girls by Lori Lansens
  • Sayonara Bar by Susan Barker
  • Saving Caravaggio by Neil Griffiths
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  • Hit Parade by Lawrence Block

Out of the six, I only managed to read five. Although I didn't complete the challenge as a whole, still I felt I had accomplished on a personal level. It is the best I could do, and I really enjoyed the experience. This challenge has helped me to explore new authors and it is through this that I have found some authors that will make it to my to-buy list, one of them is Khaled Hosseini. And that reminds me I have to wait for The Kite Runner DVD to release some time later since I don't have the time to catch it in the cinema.

And finally, I'd like to thank Pour of Tor from Sycorax Pine for hosting this challenge.

10 Responses
  1. Kim L Says:

    Looks like you got to read some good books! With the Kite Runner movie coming out, I doubt Khaled Hosseini will be an unread author for very long!


  2. Melody Says:

    I sure did, Kim! And I can't wait to read A Thousand Splendid Suns since I heard this book is equally great. ;)


  3. Julia Says:

    great that you accomplishment what you can do. Great the challenge help you to explore new authors to you :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Yeah, I've already tried my best, Julia. :) And it has been fun.


  5. Alice Says:

    I'm very sure you did your best, Melody! Here's a BIG pat on your back and congrats! :D


  6. Ana S. Says:

    That's the way I see it too: challenges are always worth it even if we end up not officially completing them. You enjoyed the experience and got to read all those books. That's what matters :)


  7. Debi Says:

    Congratulations, Melody! Five out of six is fantastic as is, but I'll bet if you look over all you read over the time of the challenge you read lots of other new-to-you authors as well. I couldn't agree more anyway...any challenge that gets you to read even one book you might not have otherwise got to or one book that you adored is well worth it, whether you officially finish it or not. Good thing I feel that way, since I seem to not finish as many challenges as I do finish :)


  8. Melody Says:

    Alice - Thanks for the congrats and that big pat! :D

    Nymeth - I've to agree with you. I'm glad to say I had enjoyed these books. :)

    Debi - Thank you. Your encouragement really cheers me up. I'll keep that in mind. ;)


  9. Iliana Says:

    You still did great! Oh and I hope you still get to The Girls by Lori Lansens. It's such a great book... It almost felt like reading a memoir as the writer did such a good job of making the characters so real.


  10. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Iliana! :) I've heard a lot of ravings on The Girls, so you bet I'll definitely read it in the near future (or whenever my mood strikes). ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.