Melody
Darla tagged me with this meme. I have done this before, but it is one which I will never get tired of playing. :-)

The rules

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I have finished reading Briar Rose by Jane Yolen last night. It is a re-telling version of Sleeping Beauty and I really enjoyed reading it. I will try to post my review soon. I am currently reading The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani.

The story is set in Persia during the seventeenth-century, and it is about a young woman who will blossom as a brilliant carpet designer under her uncle's guidance when she and her mother moved into their house after her father had passed away. She is hoping to get married one day but it seems that the prospect of doing so is dim and she wonders if she has to forsake her own dignity or to risk everything in an effort to maintain it.

Here are the 3 sentences:
But from neck to hips, my body had rounded in ways that surprised me. My breasts, which had been so small, were now like two ripe apples, and my hips curved like a melon.
"What is the reason, are you secretly engaged?"

I have not read this page, but it sure seems like our young heroine is slowly turning into a young woman.

I am not going to tag anyone, but please feel free to play along if you are interested. And don't forget to leave me a comment as I would like to know what you are reading.
Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I was tagged by Julia for the same meme. :D


  2. Melody Says:

    Glad you played as well, Alice. :)


  3. Julia Says:

    This is fun! Enjoy the last three sentences!


  4. Melody Says:

    It's indeed fun, Julia. :)


  5. I was tagged for this one recently and will probably play along on Friday. I hope to read The Blood of Flowers one of these days. I hope you are enjoying it!


  6. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I'm enjoying the book so far! I've read the first half of the book so I'm hoping to finish it soon. :)


  7. Darla Says:

    Sounds like an interesting book, Melody--I'm looking forward to reading your review when you've finished it.


  8. Melody Says:

    Darla - I'm enjoying it so far. I can't wait to finish it. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.