Melody


I am late this week. Anyway, the theme for this week is Challenges.

1. If you participate in any challenges, get organized! Update your lists, post about any you haven’t mentioned, add links of reviews to your lists if you do that, go to the challenge blog if there is one and post there, etc.

2. If you don’t participate in any challenges, then join one! There’s a good selection of possibilities over on my right hand sidebar (scroll down) where I list those I participate in. There’s also A Novel Challenge, a blog that keeps track of all sorts of reading challenges.

3. Towards the end of the week, write a wrap-up post about getting your challenges organized OR if you’re joining your first challenge, post about that any time during the week. Once you have your post up, come back and sign Mr Linky with the link to the specific post, not just to your blog.
I have signed up six reading challenges but I am ashamed to say that I have not completed any of them to-date! Here is the list of what I have participated and the books I read so far:

1) What's In A Name Challenge

  • Blue Justice by Illona Hans
  • Cat O'Nine Tales: And Other Stories by Jeffrey Archer
  • Getting Rid of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie
  • Into The Storm by Suzanne Brockmann
  • The Ghost Orchid by Carol Goodman

2) Another Blooming Challenge

  • The Ghost Orchid by Carol Goodman

(The above challenge is over. I cannot believe I did not read this yet! I have to blame it on my reading mood though, for it influences the books I choose to read next.)

3) TL;DR Challenge

4) 2008 TBR Challenge

Alternates:

5) The Pub Challenge

(I still need to read 3 more books to complete the above challenge.)

6) The Short Story Reading Challenge

  • Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Marjorie M. Liu & Vicki Pettersson
  • Hell On Heels by Julie Kenner, Kathleen O'Reilly & Dee Davis

Well, although I have yet to complete any challenge, that does not mean I will not participate in any of them in future. They are so fun and addictive, plus it is always good to see what other readers are reading and get those books through their recommendations.

I have seen a few new challenges around, and I am still debating whether or not if I should participate, haha! So how many challenges have you completed?

Labels: edit post
10 Responses
  1. Debi Says:

    Do you have any idea how much I admire your self-restraint when it comes to signing up for challenges?!! And you know what, I have no doubt that you'll finish all of them!


  2. Ana S. Says:

    I've just written my post, and thanks to it I realized that I currently have 16 active challenges :S I will need a bit more self-restraint in the future :P

    It definitely sounds like you will finish all of yours :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Even though you sign up for six reading challenges but didn't completed any them to-date, it's still lot of books you have read lately. Give yourself credit for them :)

    Iwish you luck in upcoming challenge and hope you complete them :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Debi - Likewise, I really admire your enthusiasm and your determination in completing the challenges! Thanks for having the faith in me! I really appreciate it. :)

    Nymeth - Wow! That's a lot of challenges to me! You've done well so far, keep it up! :) I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up with you ladies though, hehe.

    Julia - Thanks! It's fun joining them but I'm trying not to push myself too hard.


  5. Iliana Says:

    That Novel Challenge blog is dangerous! ha,ha.. I am always scanning the new challenges and want to join but like you, I haven't finished one this year! What can we do... There are just too many books vying for our attention :)


  6. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I absolutely agree with you that the Novel Challenge is dangerous!! ;P Like you, I'm always scanning those new challenges too, and a lot of times I've to remind myself not to participate more, knowing that I haven't finished the others yet, hehe. Sometimes, I just wish I can read full-time. ;P


  7. Alice Says:

    So am I, Melody. I haven't finished all the challenges I signed up this year (and some spilled over from last year). I really hope to wrap them up by end of this year even though it'll be way off target.

    I wish I could be a full-time reader too!


  8. Melody Says:

    Alice, I'm hoping to complete them as many as I can, although I try not to give myself too much pleasure and just enjoy the joy of reading. ;)


  9. Julia Says:

    That the things, if you push yourself too hard, you won't be in the right mood to read the book. And won't enjoy the book at the end....

    Good luck with your upcoming challenge read!


  10. Melody Says:

    That's what I thought, Julia. And thanks for the good luck wishes. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.