Melody




ISBN-13: 9780515143805
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA), 336pp
Pub. Date: November 2007
Series: Sign of Seven Series, Book 1


Caleb, Fox and Gage were only ten-year-old boys when they accidentally released an ancient evil at their Maryland town when they sneaked off home to celebrate their birthdays. The three of them not only were good buddies but they also borne on the same day and year. Because of their 'deeds', the town plunges into madness when unexplainable things would happen for a week every seven years.

Twenty-one years later, the three boys now fully grown hoped to find a way to stop the evil before the evil plays havoc to the town again, and as the years passed its power was getting stronger.

Enter heroine, Quinn Black who was a writer and she was eager to report this paranormal event for her next book. Sparks fly as they get to know each other more, and they were determined to 'solve' the mystery together with two other women, Layla and Cybil who believed everyone of them have some connections to this paranormal experience.

Blood Brothers is an entertaining read, and as I flipped through the pages I was keen to find out what would happen next. The plot is intriguing, and in usual Nora Roberts' style, she has once again created engaging and well-liked characters in this book. I also enjoy reading her witty dialogues. However, I thought the romance between Caleb and Quinn was a little rushed. This isn't a flaw in my opinion as I think Nora Roberts focused more on the paranormal element than the romance in this book. It is still considered a good read, although I'd love to read more of the romance development between Caleb and Quinn. I am looking forward to reading how the protagonists are going to defeat the evil in this trilogy.

As usual, it has been a great pleasure reading with Julia and Alice. I am sure we will be reading together again with Nora Roberts' next installments.

Other Blogger's reviews:
14 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Intersting reviews and I may agree with you on what you said about the romance...I miss those intense built up too. I felt it was rush :)

    Great review, even though you didn't like it as much. But I hope that book 2 and 3 get LOT better! And it always fun to read along with you :) Would we be reading books 2 and 3 together? hehehe

    Have not write my review yet, but eventually I will....


  2. Melody Says:

    Glad to hear we shared the same thoughts, Julia. I'm too hoping that the next two installments will be better! Looking forward to reading with you (and Alice) in the near future and your review too. ;)


  3. Julia Says:

    Great, we still reading this trilogy together LOL


  4. Melody Says:

    But of course, hehe...


  5. Darla Says:

    Great review! I think it was more focused on the paranormal story, too. So much was introduced in this one, that I'm wondering what's left for the next two stories... too bad we have to wait so long for the next one!

    Heaven only knows when I'll get around to writing about this one... I still have a couple of books from November to write about. *wincing*


  6. Melody Says:

    Thank you, Darla! I'm definitely hoping that the next two will be better.

    I cannot imagine myself holding off with the reviews because I don't think I can remember much of them. I have always enjoy reading your reviews, they are great. :)


  7. Alice Says:

    Great review, Melody! On the romance bit, I just feel that Nora Roberts is taking a different approach since Quinn is the smart and cut to the chase sorta person. I don't think it's rushed though, just different. My 2 cent. Haha. :D

    I have a feeling the romance bit will be more developed in Book 2...

    I've totally enjoyed reading this with you and Julia! Can't wait to do it again!


  8. Julia Says:

    Darla - whatcha you mean we have to wait longer for the next installment? I think you are aware that the next two installment will be out in 3-4 months apart from each other. But I'm gussing that you meant that it take longer to shipped it to Germany?

    Alice - that what I'm hoping for. That maybe the romance will developed in the next installments. Maybe that one of the big things Nora is keeping us waiting for ..... *grin*


  9. Melody Says:

    Alice, I too think Quinn Black is cool and intelligent. But still, I'm hoping to see more romance development between her and Caleb... hopefully we will get to see more of this in the next book, hehe. I'm sure we will be reading together for the next two installments. :)

    Julia, let's hope so about the romance part, haha. ;)


  10. Alice Says:

    I hope so too, Melody and Julia. *GRIN*


  11. Sam Says:

    Bought this book just before Christmas and somehow finished it in between the festivities! I am a die-hard Nora fan, so have nothing to complain about her books, except for the waiting for the next book!!


  12. Melody Says:

    I love her books, Sam. And I'm looking forward to her next book in this trilogy. :)


  13. Paula Says:

    I love Nora's trilogys. Thanks for a good review. This one is on my nightstand but I haven't started it yet.


  14. Melody Says:

    Hi Paula! Thanks for visiting my blog. :) I'm hoping you will read this soon...I can't wait to read her next two installments.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.