Melody
I am so glad to have completed From The Stacks Challenge which is held from November 2007 to January 2008. The rules of this challenge is to read 5 books from our stack of purchased to-be-read books. Here is a list of books which I have chosen and completed:

I have enjoyed reading these books, especially The Treatment which I have shortlisted for my Book of the Year this year. It is a page-turner, filled with suspense that held my attention from the first page till the last page of the book. I also enjoyed reading Sharp Objects, another great crime thriller novel which was the winner of "The CWA New Blood Fiction Dagger 2007". As for Atonement, I liked the story premise. It was so beautifully written, and I think the movie is equally great. I was excited that one of my favourite books has made it to the big screen! And Little Face was a scary read because it described a mother's nightmare very well. And then, there's Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere which had me mesmerized from the first page, which is not a surprise to me anyway.

I would like to thank Michelle from Literature Is The Thought of Thinking Souls for hosting this reading challenge.

15 Responses
  1. Dewey Says:

    Oh, I hope you love Atonement. I really liked it a lot, so much so that I'm afraid to see the movie, in case it's not as good. :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Dewey, I love Atonement! It's one of my favourite books, and definitely a keeper to me. And I love the movie too, I think it's very well done. Moreover, I have heard nothing but good reviews. I hope my opinion will help to change your mind. ;)


  3. Alice Says:

    I'm feeling very itchy. Very very very itchy. All I can do now is write down all the books I've been dying to buy. SIGH...


  4. Ana S. Says:

    Congratulations on finishing the challenge! It sounds like you picked great books for it. The only one I've read is Neverwhere, which I loved :)


  5. Jane Says:

    Congratulations on the challenge! I just got Neverwhere and am looking forward to reading it. He is a new author for me.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the timely reminder! I completed it a while back and forgot to do a wrap up post!


  7. Julia Says:

    Congrats on your completed books challenge! :)


  8. Melody Says:

    LOL. Alice, I can understand. Glad you have noted down the titles so on your next bookshopping trip, you can buy them all!! ;)

    Thanks, Nymeth! I really enjoyed reading them. Neverwhere is wonderful, isn't it? :)

    Thanks, Jaimie! I hope you'll enjoy reading Neverwhere. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. ;)

    Gautami, no prob! Congrats on completing the challenge too! :) I'm looking forward to reading your post.

    Julia, thanks! It's been fun. :D


  9. Debi Says:

    Congrats, Melody! It feels soooo good to complete a challenge, doesn't it? (Unfortunately, I fail to complete them as often as I succeed...but I suppose that just makes my successes feel all the better.) I can't wait to read Neverwhere!


  10. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Debi! Indeed it feels really good! ;D As long as we have tried our best and that we have enjoyed reading the books, we are already the winner isn't it? ;) I hope you will enjoy Neverwhere! :)


  11. Iliana Says:

    Congrats on finishing your challenge! I wasn't a big fan of Atonement the book but I really want to see the movie :)
    I've had Sharp Objects on my radar for a while now. It sounds great.


  12. Congratulations on finishing the challenge, Melody! I am looking forward to reading many of the books myself down the road, with the exception of Atonement, of course, which I already have read. :-)


  13. Melody Says:

    Thank you, Iliana! The movie was great, I really enjoyed it! And I'm hoping to hear your thoughts if you have read Sharp Objects.

    Thanks, Wendy! Happy reading, to all of us! ;)


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Yay for completing a challenge! I liked the movie of Atonement but haven't read the book yet. I know everyone has loved it, but it just isn't really appealing to me at the moment. I really enjoyed Neverwhere last year and am glad I have been turned on to his non-graphic novel stuff. American Gods by him was the first book I read this year and I loved it.


  15. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Rhinoa! I'm not sure about everyone else, but I love both the book and movie versions! LOL. I'm looking forward to watching The Kite Runner next, since I love the book as well. ;)

    Oh, I have heard lots of raving on American Gods, I'm glad I have it in my TBR pile!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.