Melody

Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….

What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

I am really looking forward to this year's reading. I have had a great reading year last year, and participating in various reading challenges really help me in catching up with my TBR pile (but this doesn't really work as I will add onto the pile by buying more, hehe). I have several books that I'm most looking forward to this year, with Mo Hayder's Ritual being the top on my list. She writes great crime thrillers in my opinion, and some of her books are not for the faint-hearted as they could be dark and haunting. But that is one reason why I like her books so much because Mo Hayder really knows how to build up the suspense tension and that's why I find most of her books to be page-turner.

Aside from Ritual, I am also looking forward to Stephenie Meyer's The Host because I like her Twilight series so much. I have yet to read Eclipse (the 3rd book of the Twilight series) but I know I will get around to it sooner or later. Coming on next is Kelley Armstrong's No Humans Involved which will be released in the coming February in paperback. Her books are an auto-buy for me because I was hooked to her Women of the Otherworld Series. Then again, I am also looking forward to any new releases by Neil Gaiman, Anne Stuart, Matthew Reilly etc and any other books that manages to capture my attention. There are so many books out there waiting for my exploration, the only thing I need is more reading time!
25 Responses
  1. oneluvgurl Says:

    Good luck with your list! Happy BTT!


  2. BooksPlease Says:

    Happy New Year, Melody. I haven't heard of any of these books, but they sound gripping. I agree there's never enough time to read all the books I'd like to read either!


  3. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Oneluvgurl! :)

    Happy New Year to you too, Booksplease. :) Happy reading!


  4. Kat Says:

    I haven't heard of these books either, but they sound interesting. I think I'll check them out. Happy reading! :)


  5. Melody Says:

    I hope you will read them if you have the chance, Kat. Happy reading to you too! :)


  6. Julia Says:

    Goodness, so many thriller books that I know I have not ever heard of these books before. But of course I know you have meantion the authors countless of time...Mo Hayder for example....and Stephanie Meyer for another hehehe

    Happy BTT and good luck in finding these books when it come out :)


  7. Melody Says:

    LOL. You should know me very well, Julia! Happy reading to you too. ;)


  8. Alice Says:

    The Host sounds good, Melody! I've not heard of Mo Hayder (gasp!) or Kelley Armstrong.

    I totally agree on the part need more time. I definitely need more time (and money) to read more, more, more! LOL.


  9. Alix Says:

    Gosh I have never heard of most of these authors! I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
    Happy NY and BTT


  10. Debi Says:

    Sounds like lots of good reading ahead, Melody!


  11. Those sound like some interesting picks!


  12. Amy Says:

    Looks like a fun list. One of these days I will get around to reading Kelley Armstrong.


  13. 1morechapter Says:

    Hope you have a great 2008!


  14. Anonymous Says:

    I too look forward to read Gaiman. I have Neverwhere and American Gods.


  15. Jane Says:

    Neil Gaiman again! I keep hearing his name but I haven't read anything by him! I will have to look for him! Happy BTT Melody!


  16. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Kelley Armstrong's Personal Demon comes out sometime this year!


  17. Melody Says:

    Hi Alice! I hope you will read Mo Hayder and/or Kelley Armstrong's books if you have the chance, they are really good! ;)

    Hi Alix! Happy New Year to you too! :)

    Hey Debi! I definitely looking forward to this year's reading. ;)

    Hi Heather! I can't wait to jump into them.

    Hi Amy! Kelley Armstrong's books are a must-buy to me, hehe...

    Hi 3M, thanks! I hope you have a great 2008 too! :D

    Hi Gautami! I will be reading Neverwhere next... and I have American Gods in my TBR pile too. ;)

    Hi Jaimie! You have to read his books, they are great! Happy reading to you. :)

    Hi Jen! I didn't know about it, thanks for telling me! :)


  18. Anonymous Says:

    I need more reading time too, Melody! If you figure out how to do that let me know. LOL.


  19. pussreboots Says:

    Happy reading and happy BTT.


  20. Melody Says:

    Hi Kristy! Sure will. LOL!

    Hi Pussreboots! Happy New Year and happy reading to you. :)


  21. Mo Hayder! I need to get to her other two books I own and then I can think of her other ones. I really liked the one book I read by her. She's brillant.


  22. Melody Says:

    Wendy, I totally agree with you that she's brilliant! I love her books! I'm currently reading The Treatment and as usual, it has got me hooked from page 1... ;)


  23. I need more time too!


  24. Melody Says:

    Definitely, Chris! LOL.


  25. Anonymous Says:

    The Host should be intersting, I am looking forward to finishing the Twilight series that are out so far. I also want No Humans Involved when it comes out in paperback.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.