Melody




ISBN-13: 9780060898915
Pub. Date: February 2007
Format: Paperback, 464pp
Publisher: Eos
Series: Signs of the Zodiac Series, #1




With the paranormal genre flooding the market lately, I'm just glad that Vicki Pettersson's debut doesn't disappoint. She has a unique voice (not to mention an original plot and the beginning of a great new series) that stands out from the other authors.

The heroine, Joanna Archer escaped the hands of death during a brutal assault when she was sixteen. She then learnt martial arts in the following years, and telling herself she would not let anything hurt her again. But trouble seems to find her anyway, and now she has to force herself to shed away her old self and take on another in the form of a member of the Zodiac of Light, after when her blind date nearly have her killed and that she sees her sister dead before her eyes. Thus it begins Joanna's adventure where we see her defeating their villian, the Shadow Zodiac with the team.

But Joanna is more than what she seems, for she is born of equal parts Shadow and Light. And she has to prove to herself, as well to her other members that she will save the city from further destruction.

This story is emotionally charged and fast paced. I am sure readers of Laurell K Hamilton or Kim Harrison will like this new series.
7 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I've not heard of this author, but it sounds good. :)


  2. Melody Says:

    This is her first book, Alice. Indeed it is good...I hope you'll pick up this book if you've the chance. :)


  3. Bookfool Says:

    I'm not a big paranormal fan, but I loved your review and it sounds interesting. Might have to give it a go, thanks!


  4. Someday I will be in a paranormal mood again. I have this one in my TBR collection to read. You make it sound so good! Great review, Melody.


  5. Melody Says:

    Hi Bookfool! Thank you. I hope you will enjoy the book as much as I do. :)

    Hi Wendy, thanks! Reading paranormal is fun, because it allows imaginations to the readers which don't happen in the real world, LOL. I hope you'll be in your paranormal mood again soon so you'll pick up this book! Hehe. Happy reading!


  6. Framed Says:

    I just read my first science fiction book this year. I would really be branching out if I start reading paranormal. That's what I love about blogging, learning about new ideas in the book world.


  7. Melody Says:

    Hi Framed! Thanks for visiting! :)
    I hope you will try reading paranormal soon! I used to read romance and horror/thrillers when I first started reading, but as I go along, I started to read other genres as well...and I find each genre is interesting in its own way! LOL. (Now my pile is so high that it's impossible to catch up with them at such a short time, hehe.)

    And I definitely agree with you about blogging because we can find and learn so much things from one another! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.