Melody
We are back to our own schedule on the third day. We didn't visit too many places on our third day. I think partly because some of our planned trip were already covered in our city tour the previous day (e.g. CKS Memorial Hall and National Palace Museum).

So we visited Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (国立国父纪念馆). And here is the statue of Sun Yat-sen.

An outside view of the Memorial Hall. My husband shot this angle to show a comparison between the traditional and the modern architectural (Taipei 101).

Front view of the Memorial Hall.

So after lunch, we took the MRT to City Hall Station and from there, we took a free shuttle bus to Taipei 101 (台北101). As you have guessed, there are 101 stories in this building. What a spectacular view!

Besides that, there is also a mall in this building. How cool is that?! Of course I had to shop around! And on top of that, I found a bookstore! I bought two books there - School's Out and Broken For You.
(Note: Wendy, thanks for your great review! Because of this, I bought the latter :D)

Interesting ceiling we saw inside the mall. What does it makes you think of?

We saw these interesting 'pyramids' located outside the building. When I stepped closer to have a good look, I could see some shops beneath.

So after visited Taipei 101 (we spent almost the whole afternoon here), we took the MRT to Ximending to have our dinner. (Seems like we couldn't get enough of Ximending. There are so many things to see there!) Anyway, I found this shop where they are selling desserts and just couldn't resist this. Chunks of mangoes on top of grated ice. This is yummy!!! Reminds me of our good ole Ice Kachang.

We happened to see a full moon at Ximending. And then it dawned on me that it was Mid-Autumn Festival that day. No wonder the moon looked so big and round.

So that's the end of our third day in Taipei. To be continued...

Labels: , edit post
8 Responses
  1. Debi Says:

    Wow...more gorgeous shots!

    Mmmm...that mango looks absolutely scrumptious!


  2. Alice Says:

    Beautiful photos! I especially love the Taipei 101.


  3. Melody Says:

    Wait till you see my next post, Debi! ;P We happened to visit another dessert store which serves better mango ice! LOL.

    Me too, Alice! Thanks again for your comments. :)


  4. Julia Says:

    beautiful shot of photos, I love view of everything! :) Sound like you and your family had great time. Thanks for sharing this with us :) Tell hubby he took great shot of photos! ;)


  5. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia! Indeed we had a great time in Taipei! I will convey your remark to the hubs, hehe. As usual, thanks for reading! :D


  6. Darla Says:

    I've loved your photos! Thanks so much for posting them so we can experience your trip vicariously. :)


  7. I hope you enjoy Broken For You, Melody!

    It looks like you had another wonderful day in Taipei! You make me want to travel there and follow in your footsteps. :-)


  8. Melody Says:

    Hey Darla! Thank you. Glad you enjoyed viewing them.

    Hi Wendy! I can't wait to read Broken For You. I think the cover is nice too. ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.