Melody

Week of October 14: Have you ever seen a ghost?

Keeping with the 'spirit' of Halloween this weeks questions are: Have you ever seen a ghost? Know someone who has? Do you believe in ghosts?

This week's topic is interesting. I'm not sure if the encounter I had experienced several years ago can be considered one, but still it gives me goosebumps whenever I thought of it.

During my high school days, the flushing system for the restrooms was all manual (although I'm sure they must have changed now), so you simply couldn't flush the bowl without pushing down the lever. But on one particular day, I heard the flushing sound coming from the far end of the cubicle. And the strange thing was, the door was opened and no one seemed to be using it (because if she had, she would have came out the time while I was washing my hands). And remember I said the flushing system wasn't manual, so that left only one explanation... Of course I didn't go ahead and have it checked, I was simply too terrified so without saying, I left the restroom quickly.

As for whether or not do I believe in ghosts, I don't think anyone can explain stuff like this. Someone might say they believe in this wholeheartedly, while someone might say there is no such thing as ghosts in this world... However, I will say I prefer the word 'soul' rather than 'ghost'.

Labels: , edit post
5 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I think I've heard stories like this too in my schooling years, especially in primary school. Funny it happened a lot during primary school. Either young minds are very imaginative or the ghosts find them easier to scare. LOL. Here are some stories:

    My bro have had his friend woke up from sleep during camp and walked all the way to a nearby cemetery. They conducted a search when they can't find him and hours later, found him sleeping soundly on someone's tomb. Spooky.....

    My sister's girl friend walked right up into the sea all by herself and refused to stop, also during a school gathering/camp. She wasn't herself - possessed. Thank God they managed to rescue her.

    Our family friend seems to be able to see spirits. You know, like the Ghost Whisperer series. Once, she was at Petaling Street and she saw spirits licking the roasted chicken or ducks hung at stalls while humans were happily eating and yakking away.

    There you go... listening to my bro and sister and friend relating such incidents really send give me the goosebumps.


  2. Melody Says:

    Eek...very spooky!!! Thanks for sharing, Alice! I love hearing scary stories, hehe... ;P


  3. Lotus Reads Says:

    What a cool question and funny story, Melody (atleast your ghost knew to use the flush!) I grew up in a country that simply thrives on ghost stories but I have never seen or felt the presence of one. I guess one's belief in ghosts or the supernatural is probably tied into religion to a large extent, no?


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks for your comments, Lotus. :)

    I have also heard that some people are able to see "things", which I think is even more terrifying. I have to agree with you regarding your last remark. I think this plays a part too.



Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.