Melody
(Note: I have been sick yesterday...sorry about the late post!)

How time flies! Before we knew it, we were already at our fourth day in Taipei. By this time, we were already used to the route we took from the hotel to the nearest MRT Station (Longshan Temple Station). Our itinerary on this day was as follows:

This is an outside view of Dalongdong Baoan Temple (大龍峒保安宫). Notice we didn't shoot any pictures inside any temple due to respect to the Buddhas.

So after having our lunch at Danshui Station, we took this bus to our next destination - Fisherman's Wharf. We have heard good remarks about this place, and that it's beautiful at night but of course we couldn't wait until evening because the distance from here back to our hotel isn't nearby.

There it is - Fisherman's Wharf (渔人码头). If the daytime view is considered pretty, I can't imagine about the evening view.

The bridge is also known as the 'Lovers' Bridge'. I heard this is one of the hotspots for the dating couples, hehe.

Look at these boats! Can you count how many of them? I couldn't as there were too many! I was glad the weather wasn't too hot then, although the sky did look a little gloomy.

I like this particular boat with the Fisherman's Wharf logo on it.

A capture from the bridge looking down.

We found this interesting tree during our walk to the wharf. We gather the tree must be quite old by looking at its roots.

So after visited the Fisherman's Wharf, we took the bus back to Danshui Station. We saw this dessert shop before we went to Fisherman's Wharf but of course we saved the best for the last. LOL. If the mango ice we took on the previous day was good, this one was even greater! Just one look at the toppings (chunks of mangoes, strawberries & kiwis plus a scoop of mango ice cream) is enough to have you drooling... Originally I wanted to order a bowl of Strawberries Ice, but the staff told us that it will only be sold during winter season. Oh! What a pity! (Although I didn't ask further, but don't you find it strange that they could serve bits of strawberries here?)

After having the yummy-licious dessert, we stopped at Jiantan Station to visit Shilin Night Market. I find the interior of the station interesting.

This is the Shilin Market (士林夜市). You can find many eating stalls over here. We only tried the fried chicken cutlet because there was a queue and we thought it should be good. And indeed it was!

Inside Shilin Market. I found several stalls that are selling desserts. (I think I will grow fat if I keep on having their desserts here, hehe.)

We mingled with the crowd and did some more 'exploring' before we returned to the hotel to have a good rest because we were be leaving the next day. Ahhh....

End of Day 4 - To be continued...

Labels: , edit post
7 Responses
  1. Debi Says:

    More spectacular photos!

    Hope you're feeling better!


  2. Alice Says:

    Great photos, Melody! I especially love the "many boats" photo. That one stood out for me. Art. :D


  3. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Debi! I'm feeling much better now. :)

    Hey Alice, thanks! I too love that pic. :D


  4. MissMeliss Says:

    Sorry you weren't feeling well...trip sounds exciting...great pix!

    Come check out www.cafewriting.com when you have a chance.

    -- MissMeliss


  5. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Melissa! :)
    I will check out the link in a moment. Thanks for telling me.


  6. Julia Says:

    Melody - Love the photos! It interesting to see the place you went to. I love the bridge, the one where you said it the place where young couple hang out LOL

    Can't wait to read the next trip


  7. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia! If there's a chance, I don't mind visiting Taipei again. ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.