Melody
Just when I thought I have signed up enough reading challenges to last me for a year (or perhaps two), I found some more new challenges coming right up my alley! Didn't I mention to you guys that this stuff is addictive? :D You bet it is. Anyway, let me share these with you and hopefully you will join in the fun as well.
  1. From The Stacks Reading Challenge

    The rules: Read 5 books that you have already purchased, have been meaning to get to, have been sitting on the nightstand and haven't read before (No buying of new books, and no getting sidetracked by the lure of the holiday bookstore displays).

    Time Frame: November 1, 2007 through January 30, 2008

    (Please click here for more details.)

  2. "What's In A Name?" Reading Challenge

    The rules: Choose one book from each of the following categories.

    1. A book with a color in its title. Examples might include: The Amber Spyglass, The Red Pony, Blue Blood

    2. A book with an animal in its title. Examples might include: The Hound of the Baskervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird, Julie of the Wolves

    3. A book with a first name in its title. Examples might include: Jane Eyre, the Harry Potter books, Anne of Green Gables

    4. A book with a place in its title. Examples might include: From Russia with Love, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Out of Africa

    5. A book with a weather event in its title. Examples might include: The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Red Storm Rising, Tornado Alley

    6. A book with a plant in its title. Examples might include: Where the Red Fern Grows, The Name of the Rose, Flowers for Algernon

    You may overlap books with other challenges, but please don't use the same book for more than one category. (For example, you can use The Red Pony for either a "color" book or an "animal" book, but not for both.)

    Time Frame: January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008

    (Please click here for more details.)

6 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I'm doing this! :D


  2. Debi Says:

    Thanks so much for participating in Annie's challenge...she's going to be so thrilled! I can't wait to see the list you come up with!


  3. Julia Says:

    Part 2 is so similar to what my reading group are doing, Melody. Wish I can participate with you, but I won't be able to keep up. It too much for me :)

    Good luck with your new and all other challenges :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Yoohoo, Alice! :D

    Debi, I'm still working with the list... I'm currently stuck with two categories so I've to rummage my pile more thoroughly the next time, hehe.

    Julia, thanks so much for your support, as usual! :)


  5. Stephanie Says:

    Oh man. You are feeding my addiction to challenges!! I think I'm going to have to join!!


  6. Melody Says:

    Hey Stephanie! Indeed these reading challenges are addictive, and I'm glad to hear you will be participating! Yay! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.