Melody






ISBN-10: 0312939930
Format: Paperback, 352pp
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pub. Date: June 2007




This is the fourth installment of Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALs series. This is one of my picks for the 2nds Challenge Read, and I had a great time reading this with Julia.

Ever since Senator Stanton ruined drug lord, Diego Fuentes' plan, he had feared for her daughter's safety. In the past he had had several bodyguards to keep an eye on Emily, but due to her stubborness and her fierce independent character they didn't last, until Kell Krieger came along. However this time, Senator Stanton had came up with another strategy. He wanted Kell to pose as Emily's lover in order not to have his cover blown. Emily strongly objected to her father's plan, but Senator Stanton was firm about his decision.

Kell Krieger knew the Stanton's family for years, and he had watched Emily in between his missions. Haunted by his past, he vowed to himself that he would protect Emily at all costs but Emily didn't make things easy for him as she wanted to be in control of her life. It didn't matter even if she had loved him all her life when she was younger.

But the attractions they had for each other was getting on too strong, and little did they know that Diego Fuentes was slowing catching up on them as the latter had a spy who had been feeding him information.

I enjoyed reading this steamy romance suspense. It is always a joy to read those sexy Alpha male heroes and how they fell in love with their heroines during their missions. In this case, the hero had known the heroine since they were young so I could feel the strong and intense attractions they had for each other. I liked the heroine's never-say-die attitude even though there were times that her behaviour annoyed me. But nonetheless I still admire her bravery for standing up for herself and saying no under some circumstances.

There is a short excerpt at the end of the book so I knew there will be another installment featuring these sexy SEALs. I can't wait to read it.

Here is a list of Lora Leigh's Tempting SEAL series:
  1. Dangerous Games (Read my review here)
4 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Great review Melody, and it always fun reading along with you....

    I will have my reivews post shorty...maybe tomorrow hehehe...


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia! I'm looking forward to reading yours soon. It's been great reading with you, again! :)


  3. Alice Says:

    Looks like both of you had so much fun reading the book. Great review, Melody! :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Alice! Indeed we did. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.