Melody



ISBN-13: 9780452288348
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA), 288pp
Pub. Date: June 2007



Polly Birdswell has a troubled past. But that is all over after she has pulled herself out from her alcoholic depression and then moved to coastal Maine, close to Bride Island to get on with her new life where she now calls home and which holds her childhood memories. Besides that, she is also keen to seek custody of her seven-year-old daughter, Monroe.

But she has some difficulties to overcome, as her stepfather wants to sell the island. She decides to claim it, and this is where she has to regain the trust of others and accept herself again.

Bride Island is a moving and a thought provoking read. Personally, I think it is quite an inspirational read, as the protagonist is determined to move on with her life and not only prove to others but herself that she is a changed person. Though fictional, the characters and the overall plot seems real to me. It was also through Alexandra Enders' writing that I read about the beauty of coastal Maine. She had described the setting nicely and it was as if I am travelling the place with the protagonist as well.
4 Responses
  1. Ladytink_534 Says:

    That sounds really interesting. I love the cover!


  2. Alice Says:

    I concur with Jen. The cover's lovely. :)


  3. Melody Says:

    Hi Jen & Alice! Indeed the cover is lovely. Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend.


  4. Em Says:

    I agree - the cover is fantastic. And it sounds like a good read too.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.