Melody
Oh my, how time flies! The year has almost comes to an end, and honestly I am not even sure if I am ready for 2008. New Year usually means a new beginning to me, this is the time where I will set my resolutions and although I don't always follow them, I make sure I will do my best in whatever things I do.

Anyway, I try not to get too sentimental on this day especially since it brings back too many wonderful memories to me. When I was a teenager, my parents would celebrate this day by buying a cake and giving me an Ang Pow, which is actually a red packet where you can put some money inside and is usually given on occasions such as the Chinese New Year or during the Chinese wedding receptions, and of course not to mention on birthdays. It is a symbol of good luck.

I had my first big party the year I turned 21. I remember a lot of my friends did the same thing too; I suppose it is kind of a celebration of a new journey for us and that was when we were truly treated as an adult.

Looking back now, I am amazed at how fast the time has gone by just like that. It is as if all the things had happened just only yesterday. I will treasure today, as well as the days that comes. Happy Birthday to me! :)

Labels: , edit post
13 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Happy Birthday Melody! I hope you had everything you wishes for. Celebrate it with your family!

    The "Ang Pow" as you call it....us here call it the "Red Envelope" LOL....


  2. Alice Says:

    Once again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear friend!

    May God shower you with His blessings! :D


  3. Melody Says:

    Dear Julia and Alice, thank you so much for your birthday wishes!!! :D You ladies are the best.


  4. Many happy birthday wishes just for you, Melody!


  5. Melody Says:

    Hey Wendy! Thank you so much! :D


  6. Iliana Says:

    Happy Birthday Melody! Hope it's filled with lots of joy (and cake!).


  7. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Hope it was good.


  8. Kathy Says:

    Happy Birthday, Melody!
    Hope your day was filled with many surprises!

    P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you & your family also!


  9. Melody Says:

    Dear Bookgirl, Jen & Kathy!!! Thank you ladies for your wonderful birthday wishes! I really enjoyed my birthday, I had a great time spending it with my hubby and our dear daughter. :)

    I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Happy birthday a day late! And have a wonderful Christmas.


  11. Ladytink_534 Says:

    I tagged you for a meme if you feel up to it


  12. Stephanie Says:

    Melody - Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a wonderful one for you. And you are so right....this year just seems to have flown by!


  13. Melody Says:

    Hi Lynne! Hi Stephanie! Thank you ladies for your wonderful birthday wishes! :)

    Hey Jen! I will check out the meme in a moment, thanks! ;)

    Merry Christmas, everyone!!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.