Melody



ISBN-13: 9780778325000
Publisher: Mira, 347pp
Pub. Date: November 2007


This is the fourth installment of the Ice Series by Anne Stuart. Unlike her previous installments (i.e. Black Ice, Cold As Ice and Ice Blue) that focus more on the heroes' perspectives, the protagonist in Ice Storm is a strong, enigmatic and icy cool heroine who heads The Committee where their roles are international secret agents.

Isobel Lambert was used to giving orders. But after having lost her capable operatives to their loved ones and fearing she would complicate things with their new lives by assigning them dangerous tasks, thus she had no one but herself when a next assignment was called for. However, it didn't make things any easier for her either as she was about to meet the dangerous Josef Serafin, an assassin and also a terrorist threat and later found out he was once the man she loved and had killed seventeen years ago.

Josef, or better known as Killian, had made a deal with the Committee that he would trade his inside information in exchange for his security. He knew this was an offer the Committee wouldn't turn down, and knowing he had found Isobel he wasn't about to let her go, for he had to settle a score with her for what she had done to him several years back. And it was later that they realized someone wanted them dead, and they had to find out who before it was all too late.

I always enjoyed reading Anne Stuart's book because she writes interesting characters, great dialogues and most of the times they are an intense read. Ice Storm is a page-turner in my opinion; and there wasn't a time you will find a scene boring as Josef and Isobel managed to keep your attention till the end of the book with their cat and mouse games as they raced against time and each other. Readers will also get to revisit Bastien and Peter's lives (the heroes from the previous installments Black Ice and Cold As Ice respectively) as they supported Isobel in tackling her current difficult task. This book is definitely a keeper for me, along with Anne Stuart's other Ice series.


Note: Once again, I would like to thank Julia for reading this book together with me. It is always a pleasure reading with her and I am definitely looking forward to more reading-together with her next time round.
9 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, glad to know you enjoyed the book. I wished I could read with you and Julia...


  2. Melody Says:

    Hey Alice! I too wished you could read with us! But no worries, I'd definitely read Blood Brothers and Eclipse with you next time soon! :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Hey Melody, it always a pleasure to read together with you. Especially all our favorite authors "darn book" LOL! I'm looking forward to read more books along with you...ANYTIME :)

    Alice - So sorry that you couldn't read along with us. But in due time you will be able to read it, hopefully soon. And when that happen, I can't wait to read your fabulous review :) Don't forget though, that all three of us will be reading "Blood Brothers" together YAY! :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia! I have the same thoughts too. :)

    Alice, I'm with Julia. Hopefully you will get to read it soon, and I will be looking forward to reading your review as well. ;) And once Julia managed to get Blood Brothers, we will go ahead to read it. :)


  5. Ladytink_534 Says:

    I'm new to this series and I'm about to start Black Ice. I found out about these when I won Ice Blue in a raffle over at J. Kaye's Book Blog.


  6. Melody Says:

    Hi Jen! Congrats on winning Ice Blue! I hope you will love this series! Black Ice is one of my favourites! ;)


  7. Alice Says:

    YAY to both of you! I can't wait to read Eclipse and Blood Brothers with you... :D


  8. Debi Says:

    I've never read any Anne Stuart, but I might have to try her out. I always seem to enjoy the same books as you, and it's obvious you love her work. So yep, I'll definitely have to give her a whirl. Any suggestions on one to start with?


  9. Melody Says:

    Me too, Alice! :)

    Hey Debi! You will LOVE Anne Stuart's books! If you are talking about her ICE series, then of course you have to try Black Ice since that's the first to the series. As for her other books, you might probably want to try Nightfall, Into the Fire (just have to name these two because they are my favourites!!!), but then these titles are her older books, so I hope you will have no trouble finding them. Happy reading! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.