Melody
"Thank goodness it's over!"

Well, I'm not sure about the other NaNoWriMo participants, but this is exactly how I felt after a month's long of writing and more writing. But then again, it was fun in a way, although there were also the down moments when I encountered writer's block and had to burn midnight oil for several nights to make up for the lost wordcount. (Note: I made myself to write at least 1,667 words per day, because when you use that amount and multiply by 30 days, you get 50k words, LOL!) Anyway, that was all over, so it is time to relax and party.

Rozen and Sarahcoldheart, our Municipal Liaison (ML) and co-ML respectively were great supporters during the NaNoWriMo period; asides from that they also updated the local participants with any relevant news and organized events like the kick-off party on 27 October and of course, the TGIO party which was held last Saturday at the Earshot Cafe at the Arts House.

I was glad I was able to attend the TGIO Party. It was fun, although there weren't many particpants who turned up for the event as compared to the kick-off party. Here are just some of the pictures to share (all taken by yours truly):

A fellow participant reading out his NaNoWriMo excerpt.

What's a party without a cake?! And don't you think this cake is lovely?

Our Municipal Liaisons (Rozen and Sarahcoldheart) blowing off the candles on the cake.

Rozen (first left) and Sarahcoldheart cutting the cake while we looked on.

I was so thrilled that I won a prize for the "Opening Lines Competition"! I was shocked when Rozen called out my name. I love my prize, especially the $10 Kinokuniya book voucher, hehe.

Goodbye, NaNoWriMo 2007! By the way, the total wordcount for this year is 1098,496,066!

Labels: edit post
13 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    First, I just want to say congrats to you on your NaNo writing :)

    Secondly the party sound like you had a great time. Especilly when you won a prizes! Is that you holding the cup? Hehehe. The cake look lovely, to eat :) Thanks for sharing your experience and fun at the party :)

    Would you be doing the NaNo writing next year? *grin*


  2. Melody Says:

    Thank you, Julia! Yes, I enjoyed it. And you are right, that was me holding the mug and Rozen holding the book voucher. ;)

    The cake was delicious; and of course it was a chocolate cake! LOL.

    Well, I'm not sure if I would participate in next year's NaNo... it's still too early to tell, since you never know what would happen in a year's time. ;P


  3. Julia Says:

    HA! - I just knew that was you holding the cup LOL........Yum I love chocolate cake :) Thanks for sharing your experience once again.

    I wonder if any other blogger who participate in the NaNo writing attend the party after the NaNo writing was over....


  4. Darla Says:

    Woo-hoo! Congratulations on finishing, and double congrats for the opening lines competition! The cake looks great, and it looks like you had a fun party!


  5. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Darla! I had a great time at the party, it'd have been better if there were more participants attending, but anyway it was still fun.


  6. Alice Says:

    CONGRATULATIONS, Melody! I'm eyeing your Kino vouchers. LOL.

    Love that cake. Very nice pics! :D


  7. Debi Says:

    Congratulations Melody! I am in awe of all of you who do this...it seriously boggles my mind! Way to go!


  8. Iliana Says:

    Woo-hoo! Congrats on winning the price. Now what are you going to buy with that book voucher? :)


  9. Melody Says:

    Thank you, Alice! I was eyeing for that vouchers too, LOL!

    Hi Debi, thanks! I'd like to congrat Annie for finishing her NaNo too! :)

    Hi Bookgirl, thank you! I have no idea what to buy because my to-buy list is so long, hehe. But we shall see... ;)


  10. Congratulations on completing NaNoWriMo and for winning the prize for the Opening Lines competition!

    I really admire those of you who took this project on.


  11. Melody Says:

    Thank you, Wendy! :)
    It was fun, and I really enjoyed the overall experience.


  12. Kathy Says:

    Congrats to you, Melody!
    First on completing the project, secondly on writing that many words (!!!), and thirdly, on winning a prize at the TGIO party!
    Wonderful for you! Yes, your opening lines were good! Don't be so shocked!
    Congrats to all your countrymen that participated and completed their goals!


  13. Melody Says:

    Hey Kathy, thank you!!!
    I took it as a challenge, but oh it can be fun and addictive, hehe...but there were also times that I wanted to pull my hair out when I was stuck with the story! (And that was the time you will read lots of dialogues and other unnecessary plots, LOL!)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.