300
Melody

This movie is about the battle of Thermopylae, led by King Leonidas with his small force of 300 Spartans against Persia's King Xerxes and his huge armies. Though the size of King Leonidas' armies was pathetic as compared to Xerxes', but all of his men were chosen and well trained from young to be the best warriors. They had nothing to fear, and they would continue to fight until their last breath was drawn.

This movie is rated 'R' for graphic violence and some nudity scenes. Frankly speaking, I didn't know about the rating since the hubs and I watched it on DVD, so I was both taken aback and put off by the violence scenes. Thinking that the movie would be somewhat boring (i.e. fighting and more fighting), I stopped watching and did a little reading while the hubs continued to watch. And it was until when one of King Leonidas' warriors was killed and his father went ballistic that I decided to focus my attention back to the movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sadistic, but that was because King Leonidas' warriors were supposed to be 'un-beatables', and the plot thickens when King Leonidas was asked to kneel before Xerxes and the consequences that follows when he said no.

Overall, I think this is a good action and war movies if you don't mind the gross scenes (although I understand this is essential to the movie but I'm a coward when it comes to this). The computer effect is great. And though this might sounds a little silly, I quite like the movie title as I find it very appropriate. After all, this is mostly about King Leonidas' and his brave 300 Spartans.

13 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    I saw this movie. The first half of the movie was bit slow (imo) but than it get better as the movie move on. I agree that it was bit of violence, but that was just the way it fit the movie. I was expecting the movie to be more better, but it was okay for me :)

    I think that Butler play a great role in this movie


  2. Melody Says:

    Yeah, I agree with you on these, Julia. :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Love to hear more movie's reviews from you, sometime :) You write good review :)


  4. I haven't seen this movie and admit I am not sure I want to. I have heard it is really good from several sources, and I know my husband is interested in watching it one of these days (which means I probably will see it eventually). :-)


  5. Melody Says:

    Hey Julia, thank you! I haven't been to the cinemas for some time, mostly watched a lot of DVDs so by the time I get to the reviews, you would've watched the movies already, LOL.

    Hi Wendy! I heard a lot of good reviews about this movie too. I hope you will enjoy it if you have the chance to watch it. :)


  6. Alice Says:

    Oh, the six-packs.... oh... *drool*

    I've watched the movie and didn't mind the gory bits.

    Great review, Melody!


  7. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Alice! You are much braver than I am, bravo! LOL.


  8. Julia Says:

    Melody - true...about me watching it already before you. Doesn't mean I don't want to read movie's reviews from you *grin*...

    Alice - I weren't mind the gory stuff usually either, but I'm just agreeing that there lot of violence. That it hehe.


  9. Melody Says:

    Awww...thank you again, Julia! ;)


  10. Ladytink_534 Says:

    I didn't think I would like it either when hubby, his cousin, and his cousin dragged me to it but I really did. We bought it on Blu-Ray as a Christmas present for hubby's uncle (he has one of those home theater things with the projection screen and surround sound) and although I haven't seen the difference for myself yet, they all think it's amazing.


  11. Stephanie Says:

    Oh...I LOVED this movie!! Gerald Butler was fantastic (and extremely HOT!) I saw it in the theater and it was just such a cool movie to see!!


  12. Melody Says:

    Hi Ladytink! The movie was great, although I wished the gory scenes will be cut shorter, haha... Ooh, I'd love to get a home theater system one day, it's so cool!

    Hey Stephanie! I'm glad to hear you love this movie! Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about it, and you're right that Butler was HOT! ;P


  13. Alice Says:

    Yeah... lots of violence. I actually placed my palms in front of my face whenever someone's about to lose their limbs or body parts. Blame it on my brother. He insisted that I watch it because of all the six-packs there... :P

    I think the queen looks very dignified.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.