Melody

  1. What fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  2. What non-fiction book (or books) would you nominate to be the best new book published in 2007?(Older books that you read for the first time in 2007 don’t count.)
  3. And, do “best of” lists influence your reading?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

If you see on my right side of my blog, you would notice that I have a column titled 'Books Read in 2007'. There are several titles that I marked with an asterisk that I enjoyed greatly and those are to be shortlisted for my 'Book of the Year' this year. (I will choose a book amongst the shortlisted pile towards end of the year, so do look out for it if you are interested. ;P)

As for non-fiction books, I don't read as much as I do with fiction books but I will make it a point to read more next year. Hey, wait a minute, perhaps I should put Life's Golden Ticket onto this list since it is more like an inspirational book to me although it is written in story form.

Here's a list of my best fiction books published this year:

1. Pig Island by Mo Hayder

2. Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh

3. Ice Blue by Anne Stuart

4. Life's Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard

5. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

6. Ice Storm by Anne Stuart

As to whether or not do "best of" lists influence my reading, I will say although I do check them out, but ultimately it is the story plot that makes me to pick up the books.

3 Responses
  1. Yes, I agree with you about the "best of" lists. It really comes down to whether the book is something I'm interested in reading. Just being on a list won't be enough to draw me to it.


  2. Julia Says:

    I agree with Dangerous Game by Lora Leigh, Ice Blue & Ice Storm by Anne Stuart. Two of some of my favorite authors :)

    BTT!


  3. Melody Says:

    That's right, Wendy! I'm sure most of us share the same thoughts. ;)

    Julia, you should know who my favourite authors are, hehe...

    Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.