Melody
It has been a great reading year this year. One of the reasons being I participated in several reading challenges and they have allowed me to read more than I used to. Another good thing about this is, I have also try reading other books which were recommended by fellow booklover friends and this has really expand my reading preferences. Thank you so much, my dear friends! :-)

Finally, here is a list that shortlists on my Book of the Year 2007:

1. Talyn by Holly Lisle
2. Pig Island by Mo Hayder
3. Red Leaves by Thomas H. Cook
4. Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh
5. Flint's Code by Paul Eddy
6. Officer Down by Theresa Schwegel
7. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
8. Ice Blue by Anne Stuart
9. Life's Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard
10. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
11. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
12. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
13. Atonement by Ian McEwan
14. Ice Storm by Anne Stuart

It is really a hard decision just choosing a title amongst all because I enjoyed reading all of them, and each book tells a great story. But then, my purpose of having this "award" would be pointless if I decided to present it to all the shortlisted titles. So after some thought and weighing about with the titles, I have finally chosen a book amongst all. And this goes to - {drumroll please} - Talyn by Holly Lisle! (Please click here to read my review.)

I have to say I really, really enjoyed reading this fantasy book. It has all the elements of a great book: a good original plot, good characterization, action, adventure, thrill, and not to mention a good fantasy that sucks you in!

So there you have it, folks! I hope you will pick up this book if you have the chance, and that you will enjoy reading it as much as I did.

Merry Christmas to all!!! :D

8 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I might just pick this up one day... :) Thanks for the great review!


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Alice! I'm hoping you will pick up this book soon, it's a GREAT read IMO. :)


  3. I will definitely add Talyn to my wish list, Melody! I like how you created a shortlist and chose from there. :-)


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Wendy! I'm also hoping you will pick up this book soon! :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I'll have to add Talyn to my wish list too. It sounds great.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Cool some new recommendations as I have only read Twilight on your list. Thanks!


  7. BookGal Says:

    I agree with Atonement - that was a great read! You've got some great recommendations on the list.


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi Kristy! I'm hoping you will read it soon. :)

    Hi Rhinoa! I love Twilight; I have yet to read Eclipse but I will soon! ;)

    Hi Bookgal, thanks! Atonement is great! Now I can't wait to watch the movie version!!!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.