Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is The September Society by Charles Finch.


ISBN-13: 9780312564940
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: July 2009
Series: Charles Lenox Mysteries Series

Synopsis:

In the small hours of the morning one fall day in 1866, a frantic widow visits detective Charles Lenox. Lady Annabelle’s problem is simple: her beloved son, George, has vanished from his room at Oxford. When Lenox visits his alma mater to investigate he discovers a series of bizarre clues, including a murdered cat and a card cryptically referring to “The September Society.” Then, just as Lenox realizes that the case may be deeper than it appears, a student dies, the victim of foul play.

What could the September Society have to do with it? What specter, returned from the past, is haunting gentle Oxford? Lenox, with the support of his devoted friends in London’s upper crust, must race to discover the truth before it comes searching for him, and dangerously close to home.

* * * * *

To find out more or participate, go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.

17 Responses
  1. Ceri Says:

    I'm not into too much mystery but I *adore* the cover of this book. :-)


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Ooooh! Love the bloody pen!


  3. wowwwww! I dnt know how you hunt down so many great covers :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Oohhh…never seen this cover before. Love it. I love ink pens, there is something very classy about them. I don't see the connection of the cover with the synopsis though, but then I guess I'll never know unless I read the book :)


  5. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Don't you agree this cover is lovely?! I fell in love with it the moment I set my eyes on it. ;)


  6. Beth F Says:

    Very cool cover!!


  7. Alice Says:

    I can see why you like the cover, Melody! Very nice... :D


  8. Ana S. Says:

    What a cool cover! I love the pens, and the blood is a nice touch :P


  9. Melody Says:

    Beth, Alice & Nymeth - I'm glad you ladies agree! :D


  10. Iliana Says:

    Great cover find! I have one of his books - I think it might be the first one in his series and it also has a wonderful cover. One of these days I have to read it - sounds like a good story!


  11. Andreea Says:

    Wow, the cover is beautiful and the book sounds great. Thanks for mentioning it!


  12. Darlene Says:

    What a unique cover-it's great!


  13. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I need to check his books! ;)

    Andreea, Dar - The coverart is lovely, isn't it?


  14. Julia Says:

    Love the cover art, Melody!


  15. Melody Says:

    Julia - Glad you think so too! ;)


  16. Anonymous Says:

    I love the cover, too -- very bold! And the synopsis sounds really great. Think I'm going to look for this one!


  17. Stephanie Says:

    I love that cover (and the book sounds pretty good too)!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.