Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Here's my teaser for today:

From old Mrs Noonan I learned that if you shivered for no reason it meant that someone was walking over your grave. Mrs Noonan was thin and stooped and had twisted papery hands with strange bulges around the knuckles; she smelt of stale lavender and felt the cold even in summer, especially when she took her first sip of tea.


(Pg 6, The Ghost Writer by John Harwood)

15 Responses
  1. Ana S. Says:

    That's a great teaser. I look forward to your review, Melody!


  2. Melody Says:

    Nymeth - Thanks! I'm enjoying this book! It's very creepy! ;)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I LOOOOOVED this book. Old house, spooky story! I really want to read Harwood's latest, The Seance.


  4. Lisa Says:

    That's an interesting tease!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Love the over, it's so creepy. Love the teaser, makes me want to read the book.


  6. Melody Says:

    Sandy - I'm glad you loved this book! I can't wait to finish it! I've to check out The Seance!

    Lit and Life - Thanks!

    Violet - The cover is creepy, isn't it? Wait till you read the story, it's even better! ;)


  7. Susan Says:

    Oooohhhh! Your teaser looks GOOD! I'm going to have to check it out...

    Check out my teaser here.


  8. Ceri Says:

    Wow. That is one great teaser! And the cover of that book is sooo eerie.


  9. Darlene Says:

    That's such a good teaser. I have this book on my shelf. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.


  10. Melody Says:

    Susan, Ceri & Dar - I'm about 3/4 of the book! I can't wait to finish it! It's been intense!!


  11. Alice Says:

    Great teaser, Melody! I like the title.


  12. Debi Says:

    Oooh, I've got The Ghost Writer on my TBR pile...it sounds so good. I hope you're enjoying it, Melody!!!


  13. Melody Says:

    Alice - Me too!

    Debi - I've just finished the book! It's great!!



  14. Melody Says:

    Naida - Indeed it is!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.