Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson. Loved the postbox!

ISBN-13: 978031253812
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: June 2009

Synopsis:
First in a spectacular new series about two brother lawyers who lease offices on London’s Baker Street--and begin receiving mail addressed to Sherlock Holmes

In Los Angeles, a geological surveyor maps out a proposed subway route--and then goes missing. His eight-year-old daughter, in her desperation, turns to the one person she thinks might help--she writes a letter to Sherlock Holmes.

That letter creates an uproar at 221b Baker Street, which now houses the law offices of attorney and man about town Reggie Heath and his hapless brother, Nigel. Instead of filing the letter like he’s supposed to, Nigel decides to investigate. Soon he’s flying off to Los Angeles, inconsiderately leaving a very dead body on the floor in his office. Big brother Reggie follows Nigel to California, as does Reggie’s sometime lover, Laura---a quick-witted stage actress who’s captured the hearts of both brothers.

When Nigel is arrested, Reggie must use all his wits to solve a case that Sherlock Holmes would have savored and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fans will adore.

* * * * *

To find out more or participate, go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.

17 Responses
  1. Sandra Says:

    That really is a magnificent mailbox. Great choice.


  2. Ana S. Says:

    This sounds like a book I'd love!


  3. Amy Says:

    Wow! Now, that is a mailbox!


  4. Darlene Says:

    Oh cool, what a unique cover. I like it!


  5. Ceri Says:

    Ooh, I do like that cover. Something to definitely attract attention.

    Mel, I have an award for you here:

    http://notinthepink.blogspot.com/2009/08/zombie-chicken-award.html


  6. jeez! My question to you.. how do you hunt these covers really?
    I can't believe week after week you have the best covers to showcase :)

    here is mine


  7. Melody Says:

    Sandra - You've gotta love that postbox, eh? ;)

    Nymeth - Me too!

    Amy - Yep! It's beautiful, isn't it?

    Dar - Glad we share the same thoughts! ;)

    Lady Lazarus - Thank you for the award! :)

    Veens - To answer your question: Through patience! (and not to mention some luck) LOL.


  8. Matt Says:

    Awww, this sounds very intriguing.

    By the way, this meme should be called Cover Temptation!


  9. Anonymous Says:

    I'm not so much into the cover but love the premise. I'm sure it would be an interesting book.


  10. Melody Says:

    Matt - It sounds intriguing, isn't it? I've to look out for this book!

    'Cover Temptation' sounds good to me! ;)

    Violet - Yep! I love the premise. I hope the book would be as good as what the blurb said.


  11. Nadia Says:

    Sounds like such a fun book! And I love the cover! Its so bright and just really catches the eye.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Cool cover, definitely one that would jump out at you from a bookshelf! Chloe@chicklitreviews



  13. Melody Says:

    Nadia, Chicklitreviews & Naida - Indeed it's an eye-catching cover! I'm glad you all think the same thing! :)


  14. Alice Says:

    I like the perspective!


  15. Lisa Says:

    Great perspective--makes the post office box look like a building.


  16. Melody Says:

    Alice - Me too!

    Lit and Life - Ditto! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.