Melody
Booking Through Thursday

Have you ever missed an important appointment because you have become so engrossed in a book you forgot the time or were up so late reading that you didn't wake up in time? Been late to work because you couldn't resist the temptation and left the house too late?
Suggested by Jacquie.
Don't forget to leave a link to your actual response in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!
I usually read on the way to and from work, and sometimes during lunchtime or while our 3 year-old daughter is watching TV or sleeping at home. I can hardly read when she is around! LOL. But yeah, I did miss a stop while in the train one or two times (fortunately I just need to cross over to the opposite platform and take the ride back). And I don't read before bedtime during weekdays because I know I won't be able to wake up the next morning (i.e. 5.30am)!!!
8 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    LOL Melody - so glad that you didn't get lost and is able to cross over to the opposite platform to take the next train ;) We weren't want you go missing LOL

    Happy BTT, will post mine in few min...


  2. Melody Says:

    LOL!

    Can't wait to read what you will write. :)


  3. Sometimes I wish I commuted to work other than driving so I could read along the way. I think I would too often miss my stop though! Haha


  4. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody,

    It's always very nice reading your reply! I can definitely identify with your missed-a-station scenario. Happens to me a few times in a year... but that was because I was dozing! I do have near misses but I realized that fast enough to literally jump off the train before it shoots off. LOL

    Mine's up too. :-)


  5. When I commuted to work, I listened to audio books -- it was a bit scary, because sometimes I'd end up there and wouldn't remember the drive! Yeah, taking the train would probably be safer...

    Mine's up.


  6. den Says:

    LOL! Well, so long as you find your way back AND get to read too! ^_^
    Happy BTT!


  7. Love that you got so engrossed in a book to miss your stop, I love it! I wish I could get that absorbed in a book, but I'm absolutely anal about all kinds of things like stops, times, etc. Sigh, it's a curse sometimes :)

    Happy Reading, Melody!


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi Literary feline, I think I'd prefer to commute rather than to drive if I have the chance. ;)

    Hi Alice, I can never sleep in the train, don't know why... LOL.

    Hi Marianne, I've never tried audio books, because their price is as much as a book, so I'd rather buy a book instead, moreover I don't drive. But I think it'd be a good experience though...and I wonder how it'd be like listening a book. :)

    LOL! Den, I'm glad I'm able to find my way! ;P

    Happy BTT to all!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.