Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I am a fan of Philippa Gregory after reading The Other Boleyn Girl and Fallen Skies so it goes without saying that I will get this book once it is released in August!


ISBN-13: 9781416563686
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
Published: August 2009

Synopsis:

THE COUSINS' WAR

Book One

Philippa Gregory, "the queen of royal fiction," (USA Today) presents the first of a new series set amid the deadly feuds of England known as the Wars of the Roses.

BROTHER TURNS ON BROTHER to win the ultimate prize, the throne of England, in this dazzling account of the wars of the Plantagenets. They are the claimants and kings who ruled England before the Tudors, and now Philippa Gregory brings them to life through the dramatic and intimate stories of the secret players: the indomitable women, starting with Elizabeth Woodville, the White Queen.

The White Queen tells the story of a woman of extraordinary beauty and ambition who, catching the eye of the newly crowned boy king, marries him in secret and ascends to royalty. While Elizabeth rises to the demands of her exalted position and fights for the success of her family, her two sons become central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the missing princes in the Tower of London whose fate is still unknown. From her uniquely qualified perspective, Philippa Gregory explores this most famous unsolved mystery of English history, informed by impeccable research and framed by her inimitable storytelling skills.

With The White Queen, Philippa Gregory brings the artistry and intellect of a master writer and storyteller to a new era in history and begins what is sure to be another bestselling classic series from this beloved author.

* * * * *
To find out more or participate, go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.

12 Responses
  1. Mari Says:

    Another book I want to read!


  2. Debi Says:

    While I probably won't read the book, I have to say that the cover is quite lovely! Good pick.


  3. Melody Says:

    Mari - I'm looking forward to this one!

    Debi - Yep, I fell in love with the cover the moment I set my eyes on it!


  4. Darlene Says:

    I love this cover as well Melody. I think I had this for one of my Waiting on Wednesday posts. I'd love to read it.


  5. Alice Says:

    The cover is exquisite!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I've seen two covers for this book and both are pretty but I like this one better :)


  7. Julia Says:

    Love the cover and the color of it. I hope you enjoy the story as much as you enjoy the cover of the book :)


  8. Ana S. Says:

    That's a very good one!


  9. Melody Says:

    Dar - I'm glad you've this on your list as well!

    Alice - Indeed it is!

    Violet - Oh, I didn't know there's another cover for this. I'd love to see it though.

    Julia - I hope so too! :)

    Nymeth - Glad you think so too!!


  10. Iliana Says:

    Oh I have to mark this one. I loved The Other Boleyn Girl but was not too happy with another Gregory book I read. I'd definitely give her another try though.


  11. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I hope this book will be as good as The Other Boleyn Girl! I really enjoyed reading/watching the latter!


  12. That is an attractive cover!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.