Melody
I have seen a lot of fellow bookbloggers posted their mid-year reviews lately and decided to jump on the bandwagon. To be honest, I do not read as many books as compared to last year at this point of time, but then again I would choose quality over quantity any time so I am quite satisfied with my reading so far!

Here is the list of books I read:


* Favourite reads

January
1. Private by Kate Brian
2. Her Real-Life Hero by Trish Wylie
3. Ritual by Mo Hayder *
4. Fallen Skies by Philippa Gregory *
5. Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto *
6. The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaarder

February
7. Gossamer by Lois Lowry
8. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne *
9. South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami
10. No Escape by Shannon K. Butcher
11. Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge
12. 圈套 – 湛清著 (A Chinese romance novel)
13. A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
14. The Love Letter by Cathleen Schine
15. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett *

March
16. The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
17. Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
18. Evermore by Alyson Noel *
19. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister *
20. Tangled Lies by Anne Stuart
21. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins *

April
22. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris *
23. Goodbye Tsugumi by Banana Yoshimoto
24. The Lost Hours by Karen White * (Review copy)
25. Blueberry Girl by Neil Gaiman *
26. Godmother : The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon *
27. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr *
28. Sonata for Miriam by Linda Olsson

May
29. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
30. Death Angel by Linda Howard
31. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
32. The Billionaire's Bride of Vengeance by Miranda Lee
33. 征服 - 单飞雪著 (A Chinese romance novel)
34. The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax * (Review copy)
35. Skin by Mo Hayder *
36. Solace of the Road by Siobhan Dowd

June
37. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher *
38. Bloody Good by Georgia Evans (Review copy)
39. Persuasion by Jane Austen
40. The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns by Elizabeth Leiknes (Review copy)
41. Wings by Aprilynne Pike
42. Silver Falls by Anne Stuart
43. Stolen by Lucy Christopher *

I read a total of 44 books to-date, counting of a book I had recently read but did not list it down since it is considered a July read. I am definitely hoping the remaining year will be better!

Happy reading to all!

Edited to Add:

After I posted this, I then realized I had missed out the reading challenges! Here they are:

First completed challenge:

Follow up next:

Yet to be completed:
YA Challenge (11/12)
Buy One Book and Read It Challenge (2) - Buy and read as many books as you can before Dec 31
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge (1) - Read Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series between July 1, 2009, and June 30, 2010
16 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Lovely, I like reading all the mid year progress reports. It's interesting to see what books everyone has read. You definitely have great books in your list.

    your challenge progress is awesome. I have to pay more attention to my Classics Challenge though.


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    That is a respectible list! I need to do my review sometime this week. I haven't even done monthly ones, but I think a mid-year check would make me feel better about the progress I've made!


  3. Debi Says:

    Oh Melody...don't be so hard on yourself! You're having a fantastic reading year...I can't believe you get as much read as you do with a job and two little girls to take care of! And you're doing quite well on your challenges, too! Wish I could say the same. ;)


  4. Such a great year so far! I had hoped to be in the 40s by the end of June, but I guess I'll take what I can get. I've seen Hunger Games on so many lists recently--I've *got* to read that one! And you're doing great with your challenges! I'm jealous...really.


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Quality is definitely more important than quantity, so it sounds like you're having a good reading year!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I'm just a little ahead of you with 50 or so finished, and we share just one book on the completed list, Hotel, but you've finished several that are on my TBR list. I didn't realize there was a Manga Challenge, I'll have to go check that out.

    Good luck with the second half :-)


  7. Ashley Says:

    You read some great books! You also made great progress on your challenges. Dead Until Dark is one of my favorite so far this year too!


  8. I have not been reading as many books this year either, Melody, as compared to last, but, as you said, quality over quantity is what is most important. :-)

    You are doing well on the challenges, I see! I technically have finished the PUB 2009 challenge too, but haven't decided if I want to keep going or go forward with doing a wrap up soon.


  9. Iliana Says:

    I think I've read about 40-something books too. I agree, quality of quantity! haha...

    congrats on doing so well with your challenges. I have fallen really behind on mine but oh well that happens. Here's hoping you read lots of great books the rest of the year!


  10. Beth F Says:

    You've had an awesome year so far. Do you read Chinese? Wow! And I'm glad you joined up read Sookie!


  11. Melody Says:

    Violet - I too love reading everyone's progress report. I've in fact added a few books due to that, LOL!

    Sandy - I haven't done any monthly or a half-year review so this is a great start!

    Debi - I think you're doing very well yourself! :) I've to thank my daily commute and my lunchtime breaks, without them I don't think I'd be able to catch up on my reading!

    Trish - Yes! You *must* read The Hunger Games, it's awesome!! I can't wait for the sequel to be released!

    Nymeth - Absolutely! :P

    Koolaidmom - Have fun with the Manga Challenge! I need to catch up on that one! ;)

    Ashley - Thanks! I look forward to reading the rest of Charlaine Harris' series soon!

    Wendy - There're so many great releases this year, isn't it? I think very likely we will read more than 9 books as required for The Pub Challenge! ;)

    Iliana - Here's hoping we'll read lots and lots of great books for the rest of the year! :)

    Beth - Yes, I do! I haven't been reading a lot of them lately, and I've a huge stack of them in my pile too, along with the others!


  12. Darlene Says:

    You've done great so far! I was just saying on another blog how I really should do this as it's a great way to see where you're at with reading and challenges.


  13. Melody Says:

    Dar - Thanks, Dar! I hope to see your mid-year review post soon. ;)


  14. Julia Says:

    Great job, well done! Good luck in more books coming :)


  15. Alice Says:

    You have some really great reads there, Melody! Happy reading!


  16. Melody Says:

    Julia & Alice - Thank you, ladies! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.