Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Here's my teaser for today:

Lastly, Miss Stanton-Lacy herself descended, thanking the footman for his proffered help, but requesting him instead to hold her poor little Jacko. Her poor little Jacko was seen to be a monkey in a scarlet coat, and no sooner had this magnificent fact dawned on the school-room party than they brushed past their scandalized preceptress, tore open the garden-gate, and tumbled out into the road, shouting:

'A monkey! She has brought a monkey!'


(Pg 40, The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer)

14 Responses
  1. Gotta love those monkeys. :-) Great teaser, Melody.


  2. Gahhhhhhh! Everyone is reading Heyer but me! I'm glad you gave a little snippet of this one--everyone talks about the Regency language but I have no idea what that means.


  3. Melissa O. Says:

    Oh I DO love this book! I hope you enjoy it too. I just thought it was such a fun read! :-)


  4. Darlene Says:

    Great teaser. I'm just reading Cousin Kate by her right now. It's quite good-have you read that one?


  5. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I had to grin when I read those sentences, hehe.

    Trish - Can you believe that this is the first time I read a Georgette Heyer book?! I'm enjoying it so far!

    Melissa - I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I can't wait to finish it!

    Dar - No, I haven't read Cousin Kate. As I mentioned to Trish, this is the first time I'm reading a book by this author. ;)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I have one book by GH called Cotillion (I think) but I found the language very complicated so I kept it aside after reading about 5 pages. I guess I need to be in that mood. Hope you're enjoying the book melody.


  7. Julia Says:

    Great teaser, Melody! I hope you enjoy the book!


  8. Alice Says:

    My brother Michael loves monkeys!


  9. Ana S. Says:

    lol, that is a great teaser :D


  10. Debi Says:

    Oh my goodness, Melody, what a fun teaser!


  11. Mari Says:

    My MIL recommended this author to me. I may have to read one day.


  12. Melody Says:

    Violet - I agree about the language, but once you get into the story, I assure you you wouldn't be bothered by it!

    Julia - I'm enjoying the book so far! :)

    Alice - Hey, my eldest daughter loves monkeys too! :D

    Nymeth - I have to admit, Sophy is one extraordinary and a remarkable heroine.

    Debi - Sophy makes me laugh. I like her gutsy attitude, hehe.

    Mari - I've heard a lot of raves about this author so I'll definitely look out for her other titles after reading this one.


  13. Iliana Says:

    A monkey?! I gotta read this one :)


  14. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Yep! Sophy is one extraordinary heroine, LOL.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.